instability

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:05:03 EST

In a message dated 2/20/99 10:59:18 PM !!!First Boot!!!, musicman@eoni.com
writes:

<< It was sitting against the wall, and there was a heater duct behind the
 piano, blowing hot air against the bottom of the piano.  Maybe that is the
 source of the problem.  Maybe not.
   We moved the piano (on my advice), and I proceeded to check it. >>

The piano was way out of tune because it was sitting over a heat duct. When
you moved the piano away from the heat duct, it started to cool down, while
you were tuning it. By the time you get back there next week, unless you put
it back to where it was, the piano will be at an even temperature, and the
tuning should be more stable.

Good luck

Wim Blees