Wonderwand

Ken Jankura kenrpt@cvn.net
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:40:01 -0500

At 07:55 AM 2/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Has anyone tried making a tuning lever handle out of a domestic wood such
>as apple or pear?.......... or an "offshore domestic" wood such as koa?
>
>John R. Fortiner
>Billings, MT

My tuning lever handle (one of 'em anyway) is made from osage orange, which
is a native species akin to locust only harder and more beautiful. It looks
like it should be tropical. The rare and beautiful tropical woods in favor
these days have a certain appeal for those very reasons. And of course
everyone knows if your handle is made from oak or maple (or pine or hickory
or beech), you'll never be able to tune unisons :-)
Ken Jankura
Newburg,PA