voice chat tonight!

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:06:54 -0600

Hi Everyone,

Kawai Don has set up a server for us at ip address:

24.130.13.181

Iparty is a lovely tiny voice over the internet program. It is freeware and
the best sound that I have heard so far.

Point by point!

1. log onto internet
2. If you wish be the server run ipartyd (leave it running)
3. start / run / type WinIPCFG this will display your current ip address.
4. run iparty
5. click file
6. click open
7. paste or type ip address in
8. click ok
9. contact those who you wish to talk to and give them your ip address.

If not running the server then do items 4 through 8 using the ip address
that the person has sent you.

Should you prefer to have a nick other than <your name> you can edit a file
called client.ipl with notepad. Look for avatar and then edit <your name>
how ever you wish then save the file.

Here are some iparty web sites where you can download this free program:

http://www.bumpkinland.com/iparty/

There is a faq and download.

another iparty site:

http://henrysworld.com/iparty/

and yet another

http://www.users.nac.net/tderosa/iparty.html

and the best site last!

http://members.xoom.com/ViV/ipe/index.html

It seems that iparty is *fussy* about how it gets unzipped. I know that
winzip is recommended. You can find winzip here:

http://www.dlcwest.com/ftp.html

You will need to scroll down the page.

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com