Tuning exam question(s)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 00:27:02 EST

<<Carl said:

> > "Describe how your tuning procedures measure the effects of
> > inharmonicity on the beat rates of your temperament sequence.">>

Carl;
 I have been thinking about this and the only answer I can come up with is
that my aural tuning procedures do not "measure" per se, inharmonicity. Since
the main thing I am interested in is a smooth, even, progression from partial
to partial, note to note, octave to octave, etc., inharmonicity is
automatically accounted for without being measured directly...isn't it?
  When using the SAT in the shop I just don't worry about it :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)
"compromise is the best solution when there is no solution"
Faintly Dull