CA glue (was Re: Loose Pin Therapy)

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 01:20:34 -0600

Hi Jerry,
              I frequently use CA glue on isolated loose pins and complete
border line pins on PSO's. The reason for a generous application of 24hr
epoxy on the straight line problem, is to hopefully squeeze some epoxy in
to the cavity to help stabalize the problem, and stop it from getting worse.
Both repairs are what I would consider patch jobs, and a judgement call.
Not every one can afford to replace a block, one has to just use common
sense. If it is a grand just remember to tape the bottom of the block, and
have the action out of the piano.
Hope this helps.
Roger

>I have a customer with a piano with straight-line loose pins in the top
octave;
>very limited budget. I was thinking about introducing the pinblock to a
healthy
>dose of CA glue. Thoughts/opinions/barbs?
>--
>Jerry Hunt
>Dallas, TX USA

Roger Jolly