(Fwd) Re: Mathushek Pianos

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:35:02

Hello, Ron

If the Historical Society can lay hands on "The Steinway Saga" by D.W. Fostle,
he writes several pages about Mathushek. M. sounds like a tremendously
idealistic but somewhat impractical innovator, but a genius nonetheless. He
took out a patent on overstringing in 1851, for instance.

I'm trying to find out other sources of information. I hope someone else on
the list can point out some other places to look. Maybe Stephen Birkett
could help?

Susan Kline