squeaking pedal on a Wurl!

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:40:14 -0500

Hi Don,

I think I can help you with this one.  I've run into this nasty little
'squeak' a couple of times now.

Take a look at the slot.  It runs up and down on the lever.  Look down the
slot along the path that the long bolt takes from the top of the lever down
through the hole in the pedal.  Chances are if you have a little squeak coming
from this area, the slot doesn't line up with the hole in the pedal.  Usually
the pedals have quite a few holes to pick from.  The ones I've had with this
problem had the bolt going through a hole that put sideways pressure on the
bolt as it went through the slot causing it to rub against the sides of the
slot, and "Surprise", a little squeak!  Just move the bolt into the hole that
lines up the best and adjust for proper operation.  The whole thing will take
only a little longer than what it did to read this e-mail.

Good luck!

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.