Single String Format

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:26:53 -0700

harvey wrote:

> Also, I'm curious as to whether the hitch loops are made by hand. I've
> found a high failure rate with machine-made loops. Besides, my hand
> made loops are superior to my string-splicing abilities. (More in new
> thread)

Jim,

I remember a fellow tech talking about how the Bosendorfer stringers
made the plain wire loops by winding the wire around a bent nail held in
a vise. The free end of the wire was wrapped around the standing end
with a pair of pliers. Sounds primitive but the wire would not be
unnecessarily stressed.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT