Splicing. What's the trick?

barre46@ibm.net barre46@ibm.net
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 01:27:45 -0600

Hello Jim:

If you have access to the PTG Exams Source Book, in section V the first
article is String Repairs In the Field by Bill Spurlock. In this article he
details his favorite knot in words and pictures. This may be very similar to
Jim Hayes method but it does work for me. I have several customers in the
country who wait until they have from 8 to 17 broken strings before they call
so I do many splices using this method.

Norm Barrett