Splicing. What's the trick?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:34:42 -0600 (CST)

>I know this has been discussed here, but only remember those who promote
>splicing and those who don't. I don't recall any tricks, "how-to's", or
>work-arounds in the threads. Oh yes, for the record, and in case it
>matters, I prefer the Jim Hayes (Vice-Grip Jr.) splicing method.
>
>Jim Harvey, RPT

You betcha. Make those loops tight and there's less slack to have to pull up
so you can more easily anticipate where it's going to end up. Tips? Tricks?
If you tend to jump at sudden loud noises, don't pull it up to pitch with
anything sharp in your hand. <G> Aside from making the replacement string
loop just big enough to get the "incumbent string" loop through so you can
assemble the thing, and bending the loops slightly to "aim" them along the
string axis somewhat, I'm not sure there are any tricks. I would certainly
entertain educational attempts though.

 Ron