Single String Format

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:55:53 -0500

>When I was at Bosendorfer in '77 they made the coils by hand.  They
>thenb bend it back to the nail and bent round the extra end back and
>forth until it broke off leaving a nice coil with the tail pointed
>back and down so it bedded itself in the hitch pin punching.  I never
>did master doing it that way.

newton,

i just replaced a treble wire on our bosendorker and for the first time was
able to make it look like the original.  i use the nail method (actually a
phillips screwdriver that is just the right size) but i was never able to
figure out how they bent the end of the string up just right so it would
lay in the bushing the way the others did.  could you elaborate on their
method of breaking the string.  that sounds impossible!

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (614) 593-1429