Splicing. What's the trick?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:09:01 EST

Greetings,
     I forgot to add to my last post one small addition that will make your
knot tying seem more like surgery than shade-tree butchering.
    Have a small, (1/4") leather punching in you stringing kit, and right
before you pull that knot up to pitch, put the leather punching under the
lower stub end of your splice.
     It is not possible to carry off the "fastidious technician" persona after
plowing  a trench through the lacquer on a Bosendorfer plate with your repair.
(DAMHIK)
Regards,
Ed