Whoops followup

Ken Jankura kenrpt@cvn.net
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:59:43 -0500

At 10:01 AM 2/14/99 -0500, you wrote:

>   The choral director from a school district I service called and said a
>wheel came off the bandroom Wurlitzer console as he was moving it, and
>instead of rolling, it tipped onto its back. The bottom octave and a half
>does not play at all now. I have no real details. The school is an hour
>away, and I'm wondering if there are any suggestions as to extra tools to
>carry (I generally do not carry many woodworking tools). Does this sound
>like a Harvey question or what? By the way, this piano and the other piano
>the choral director occasionally gets his hands on now have a total of 8
>bass strings with knots in the speaking length, and they sound just fine
>:-) I've noticed that choral directors play more forcefully in general so
>as to either coax better intonation or cover up bad intonation.
>
>Ken Jankura
>Newburg, PA

I went back to see this piano today. Thanks to all who answered with
suggestions what to expect. I got off easy, the bottom two octaves had
jumped the front rail pins, and no wippens were damaged. I brought the
tilter and fixed the loose caster. The pianos get moved over thresholds all
the time, so the wheels are just about shot. While I was there fixing the
wheels on one, they moved another piano, and then asked if I could work on
it, because two of that pianos wheels fell off. That's called good timing.
Again thanks, this list is amazing. KJ