wire curve

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:04:12 -0700 (MST)

Hi Ron:

Thanks for exposing yet another myth about pianos.

Here's another one. Has anbody ever deliberately put a kink in a plain
wire to discover how much wild string effect this has? I have serious doubts
about this one too.

I know, some guys and gals put kinks in wire near the bridge pin supposedly
to seat the strings at the bridge. I think this is totally unnecessary, but
I do not remember hearing anything detrimental to the tone because of this.
It just looks bad.

Jim Coleman, sr.