pitch raises & tuning pins

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 16:30:35 -0600 (CST)

---------------
>Carl Root, RPT
>Rockville, MD

Hi Carl,
I was thinking, possibly, about something like a new Kimball. I've never
seen any brand with tighter pins, that needed more pitch raises the first
five years than Kimball. Baldwin would also qualify in the tight pin
category, if not the pitch raise incidence. These pianos would fit your
criteria just fine. Any broken pins in these pianos from the speedy pitch
raise folks out there?

Good idea on the tip modification. I did this to one of my tips about
fifteen years ago. It seemed to work pretty well too. I finally wore it out
and retired it. I didn't modify the replacement the same way, though I can't
say why. It didn't occur to me, and I never missed it. In fact, I'd
forgotten all about it until you mentioned this. Strange. Hope I'm not
developing ah... er... uh, whatsizname's.

 Ron