When is it enough?

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 17:07:08 -0500

>Andrew Remillard
wrote
>1) I really doubt turning on the heat caused to piano to go all that flat.  It
>can take up to a week for a sound board to adjust to a change in environment,
>not a matter of minuets  Although, yes, it can have some minor impact on your
>tuning, I rather doubt that is what you ran into.

RUBBISH! Yes, changes in humidity can take awhile to show up, but having
the heat turned up -- especially when the vent is very near the piano --
will have an immediate effect, which is obvious to a tuner using an ETD.
The iron plate and the steel wires, change in temperature (and expand),
going flat (up to a couple cents or more) within seconds of a temperature
change.

Patrick