No Pinblock

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:41:57 EST

 Hello David :

    Wurlitzer did indeed make many pianos with
this type of tuning system.  They also used it
in their  " Apollo"  brand name. It was used in
grands and verticals mostly players at that time.
    I found it works well but most were too tight. I
checked one and the average torque was 85
down and 140 up. However this can be corrected
easly by gently  tapping the pin down.
The last one I serviced was a 6' 2" grand
scale "G" # 79280 built in 1926.
    There were several other types of all metal
systems used by different brands.  They will
be encluded in my book obout old pianos if  I
can ever get the  #%*$#^  thing completed.

Old piano rebuilder,
Jack Wyatt