Very Strange Piano II

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 10:05:33 -0500

I got a chance to tour the Aeolian factory in Memphis years ago, 1970s =
maybe. They were selling a small upright shorter than a spinit that =
incorporated a desk for use in mobile homes. The tour guide said =
something like "we know it isn't much but it is better than nothing". =
The case was veneered particle board with wood plugs where the screws =
would go. Maybe this is what you have.

John Dewey

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Nancy McMillan <nlm@csu.cted.net>
    To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Date: Wednesday, June 30, 1999 2:34 PM
    Subject: Very Strange Piano II
   =20
    Hi List,
    Have a customer with a "Playwrite" 64 note piano.  Its a piano and a =
 fold down front desk.  It has three drawers on the left side and a faux =
three drawer front on the right which is a cabinet door accessing sheet =
music compartment.  When fucntioning like a desk in letter writing =
position it has envelope compartments.
    Anybody know the value of these things.  This one needs case =
refinishing and work along with strings, bridge caps, and action =
rebuild.
    Thanks for any help.
    Doug Mahard, Associate Member
    "Change your thinking, change your life."