Regulating Woes

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:22:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hi John,

I am thinking the same thing. Maybe it's good enough. This piano was headed
for the scrap heap. The owner was going to take an axe to it until I pointed
out the tons of tension placed on the plate by the strings.  I am not an
accomplished pianist, but compared with other uprights that I have played,
this one seems awfully heavy. I may check my pinning on some of the bass as
the friction is too low. I aimed at 4-5 swings when I repinned. I didn't
take into consideration that the heavier bass hammers required tighter
pinning. Let's face it, I am a novice as far as this aspect of piano
technology is concerned.

Yeah, it's lots of fun.

Thanks

Terry