pot roast damage

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:40:26 -0500 (CDT)

A pot roast that was cooked about four hours too long, and on HIGH, has
smoked a customer's house and piano. I know what my recommendation would be
had it been burning construction materials that had produced the smoke, but
the pot roast is a little different flavor of smoke. I'd like another
opinion or twelve, if you've got them, on whether this is realistically
cleanable, or if we are looking at a rebuild as I would recommend with a
construction material fire. Complicating all this is the fact that the piano
needs a new soundboard, which couldn't reasonably be claimed for insurance,
and isn't in the customer's budget (it's never simple, is it?), but that's
another problem altogether. Any recommendations on the smoke?

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em, and thanks.

 Ron N