voicing

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:53:58 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >This has gotta be on cheap pianos.. or what ???
>
> * This one was a Schimmel, If I remember right.

Amazing.. had it been rebuilt or was is a factory messup ??

> * Then get to work. Read the Journal articles, and look up the discussions
> of concepts in the archives. This is fairly difficult stuff, and it isn't
> all available in a one-source encyclopedic format. It's a kit. The video
> isn't even in the planning stages yet. At this point, there are still more
> questions than there are answers and you'll have to assemble your own
> reality, to a great degree, from what is available. The first rule of hang
> gliding is "Never fly higher than you're willing to fall". That applies here
> too, as it does with any attempt at accumulating education. We can make a
> living, or we can chase mysteries. Doing both requires extending our working
> day and investing some blood..One way or another, it's expensive. The
> rewards include a creeping dissatisfaction with the way things are done, and
> the result from having done them that way. When we start turning over the
> bigger rocks, a different kind of critter crawls out. I love it, and as long
> as I can do it and still eat regularly, I wouldn't have a real job on a bet!
>
> Now I'm in a proper frame of mind for a day's tuning. <G>
>
>  Ron N

Ya's gots to like this guy or what ??? grin

Thanks for the encouragement and the words of wisdom. I am looking forward to
Arlington next year and the chance to get to meet some of you guys.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway