freedom from the wire

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:28:29 -0400

When I was using SAT II, I couldn't handle the foot switch either. I tried
to work with the switch on the tuning hammer but didn't like it either. I
bought the Yamaha switch they had for the PT-100, modified the male part
and used it with the SAT with great relief. The trick is to glue the switch
to a piece of velcro that you put on your let hand (if you're a right handed
tuner). Wear the switch like a ring with the switch inside the palm. I was
using the middle and index fingers to tune and the thumb to switch notes.
The
wire is still there, but you will feel a lot of freedom. I could still play
octaves and all test and the wire is usually out of the tuning pins section
wich was the problem with the switch on the tuning lever. Hope this helps
some.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC