Gilding

Carl W. Meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:29:41 -0700

Jim!  It must have been one of them there southern boys who took a class in
algebra
when his friend asked him to say something in algebra he proudly said "Pie
are square".
His friend said  "Boy!you sure are dumb! Pie are round!  Corn bread are
square!"

Don't lay any 'gilt' on me for that!

Carl Meyer  (Califrisco)

Case

> trim? Hardware?    Just curious.>>
>
> Brian;
>  Every time a tech applies a decal they are "doing gilding" work.
> If you recall the Chickering grand with the ornate case I was discussing
last
> spring...... there was quite a bit of 'gilt' that I had to replace both
in
> leaf form and in liquid form.
>  Before any of yu'ns says somthin, "gilt" be de noun and "gild" be de
verb.
> :-)
> Jim Bryant (FL)

--- Carl W. Meyer, Santa Clara, Ca.