Plate refinishing, again

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:45:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/2000 9:11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jgunderson@monmouth.com writes:

> One specific question with regard to regilding a plate;
>
>  Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) to stripping the old finish?
>
>  Thanks for your responses so far.
>
>  John "Hunt" Gunderson,  Belmar, NJ

Hello John,

As was mentioned already, no need to strip if the original finish is tight.
Use a primer if you are using a high tech. finish. If you get a chance - come
to Philly and tour our facilities. We use something closer to an automotive
finish, but it is pretty. You are right over the river in Jersey, yes?

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila.,Pa.
1 (800) 394-1117