voicing with "snuggles"?!?

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:27:33 -0700

At 03:29 PM 08/26/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Sorry about that...I thought "snuggles", or any generic fabric softener,
>was pretty widley used for this purpose.
>
>Terry Peterson
>Los Angeles, CA
>Associate Member, PTG

I've heard it is often used, but I think you'll find that just plain
alcohol and water (i.e., vodka or some generic imitation [50-50 water and
ethyl alcohol] will work just fine. It's the alcohol that gets the water to
wick into the hammer. I prefer not to leave anything in the hammer that
wasn't there already. Fabric softener always seemed to me to be smelly goo,
which had no place in a piano, though others seem to like it.

Susan Kline