verdigris question/go to the professionals

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:35:06 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/00 1:53:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Pppdude@cs.com
writes:

<<
 I am not a piano technician, so I'm interested to know if there is there is
 an accurate way to diagnose this problem (without calling in a technician),
 and if there are any new and exciting ways to treat this problem that I
could
 suggest to the owner.

 Does anybody know >>
Hi:

Why  in the world would you not want to call in a technician???? To save
money? The customer deserves a professional appraisal of the problem and a
solution that would fit this long-standing (with Steinway) problem.  There
are solutions but they cost money-kinda what one might expect if one were to
take their prize automobile to a technician to diagnose and then solve a
problem that  might exist.  Why would you expect this customer  to get advice
any other way?

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio