Listening "too much"?

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 01 Jul 2000 11:24:20 PDT

Maybe it's because i didn't get much sleep last night, but for some weird
reason, this morning I noticed GLARING imperfections in unisons (on my own
piano) that were beatless the night before, and when i attempted to  touch
them up, I found myself, seemingly, hearing all kinds of inharmonicites and
false beats, no matter where i tested them! Then I muted all but one string
and STILL heard beats in almost ALL tri/bi chords! Coils were tight, strings
seated fine. Then I took a nap and when i woke up I immediately went to the
piano and sat down and listened again...it sounded fine! Could it be that my
hearing was compromised, or even "hyper" sensitive in my over-tired state?
Very strange indeed.

BTW, Home Depot has a cordeless, reversable 3/8ths" chuckless (rechargeble)
drill/driver on sale for $19.95! I bought mine last night and it's terrific!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG