piano cover on new finish

Doug Garman dgarman@granbury.com
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 15:43:40 -0500

I know this is going out as many of you are heading to DC.  Wish I were =
going.  I've never been to a national.  You don't know how bad I want to =
be there -- especially  this year.  I have begun my first grand =
rebuilding project and would benefit greatly from your collective =
knowledge.  In addition, I enjoy a good party!

The intent is that this piano will eventually be in our home.  (We'll =
have to build a home around it.)  Any day now the case and bench will be =
back from the refinisher.  The project will be stretched out over time =
as funds, time, and space allow for each step.  I'm sure you will hear =
from me again.  :o)

I am considering purchasing a cover to protect the piano, as it will be =
placed in tight quarters here at home.  I have saved all the information =
on cover sources discussed recently on this list.  We want one that will =
look nice inside a home, though when the piano is done I certainly do =
not anticipate keeping such a beautiful instrument hidden.

All this to ask -- will a cover mark or otherwise harm the new lacquer =
finish?  Is there a waiting time before I can use a cover without harm =
to the finish?  Is this a stupid question?  Your comments or advice?  =
Duh?

Enjoy DC.  Wish I were going!

Doug Garman
Granbury, TX