Bush & Lane Weight

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Sat, 01 Jul 2000 18:26:26 -0400

 The Bush & Lane has been successfully moved.  Thanks to this experience
I now know the sound of a Bush & Lane rolling across OSB........Sounds a
lot like cracking ice.....  To stabilize the load, I placed 4" C clamps
with cauls at each end of the case (lid removed) to use as tie points to
the sides of the truck.  An 8" concrete block fit perfectly under the
front feet.  Unloaded the rascal by myself using only a tag line wrapped
around a post (porch level with truck bed).  The three unwary helpers
who helped load the beast laughed aloud when I stated it weighed only
800 lbs. or so.  They collectively place their bets on ........three
Newtons...... Each vowed to remember my face and beat a hasty retreat in
case of a future chance meeting.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee