SAT FAC numbers

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sat, 08 Jul 2000 18:58:16 -0700 (MST)

Hi Terry:

In the SAT manual, there is an appendix showing how to use dual pages of
memory in dealing with pianos such as this which have wound strings in
the Tenor section and in the temperament. If you use the lower number
for the F3, the G3-B3 Major 3rd will be quite slow compared to the F#3-A#3
Major 3rd. Using one page where you measure the G3 and store it as
though it were F3 (you'll get a number like 25.3. Keep the A4 and C6
numbers the same as in your first calulated page), this
will help stretch out the tuning of the lower plain wire notes and then
when you tune the wound string area using the first measured FAC numbers,
these notes will be tuned sharper to help blend out the 3rds and octaves.

If this seems unclear, write me privately. I just did a class on this
particular piano at our chapter meeting in June.

Jim Coleman, Sr.