Method

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:53:58 -0400

At 12:37 PM -0300 7/7/00, Rogerio Cunha wrote:
>So I wait for some answers with the best way to put  all the springs with
>the same tension. Thanks >Rogerio Cunha

Evenness of rep spring strength, like evenness in a musical passage is best
developed in slow motion. Which is why John Hartman's trick of weighing the
hammer heads with small brass clips (1g, 1.5g, or 2g, .....your choice) is
the ultimate answer. It's been published in the PTJ within the last three
years and I'm sure Kieth McGavern can cite chapter and verse <g>.

The much larger issue is how strong to set them. You can bet we'll be
talking about this soon.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"Lydia thinks she knows everything, and Lyle thinks he owns the place"
    ...........The outgoing staff technician to the new guy, concerning the
resident artiste/pianist and the Chief Custodian