Cost of moving pianos.

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:29:29 -0400

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM wrote:

> Myself and a partner have started renting a C7 Yamaha for area performances
> that call for an instrument like this and I was wondering if anyone can give
> me some ideas on what I should be charging for trucking.  Any responses would
> be deeply appreciated.
>
> Doug Mahard

Well, I'm sure it depends on your market (I don't know where you live), and
whether you're doing this "to benefit the arts" or to "earn real money."
During Gary Green's presentation in Arlington he asked one of C&A people
(Gretchen?) how much the Steinway Artists paid to have a D moved from Steinway
Hall to Carnegie Hall and back (with the services of a technician to tune etc.).
Price: over $900.
Be careful about renting for a Jerry Lee Lewis concert -- best wishes in your
venture!

Patrick Draine