FW: SAT FAC help please...

DavidR2464@AOL.COM DavidR2464@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:15:33 EDT

Here thoughs on the FAC numbers.

     1.  Each piano is different each time you tune it.  I believe you should
take new FAC numbers every time you tune the same piano.  Case in point, if
you tuned your piano in one part of the room and then moved it to the other
side, the FAC numbers would probably be slightly different.

    2.  The wound string are also a factor if you are going to use two pages
to tune one piano.  Listen to the thirds as you go up.  They will be slightly
off as you approach middle C if you only use one page and F3 is a wound
string.

    3.   Finally, take the time to learn how to set good FAC numbers.  It can
take an aural tuner up to 40 minutes  to set a good temperament so don't be
afraid to take time in getting good FAC numbers.  Average the 3 strings of
the A and the C if you have to.  It may seem cumbersome but worth it in the
end when you are not breaking the high treble strings from tuning to high.

Those are my sincere thought from someone who is learning every day how to
use the ear and the accu-tuner.  You do need both.

DavidR2464@aol.com