Clutter? (was SAT FAC help please...)

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:23:01 -0500

You wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Ross" <piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: SAT FAC help please...

> Yes, I do Roger. Glad you got back safely.
> It was a definite pleasure meeting you.
> Regards,
> John M. Ross
> Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Please don't take this in an unfriendly spirit, it's a question re the rules
of this newsgroup (if there are any), but isn't this the kind of banter
between 2 people that should be confined to E-mail? It just seems that over
the past few months with the exception of the convention period, there has
been an awful lot of personal messages that hold no interest to the group as
a whole. I was under the impression that under Newsgroups 101 this kind of
communication was verbotten and in moderated groups would have been
instantly deleted. I'm not out to alienate any of you folks, but would
appreciate some clarification. If this is the norm, although I read all the
technical info and enjoy the opinions, and although I'm not a member of the
PTG, I do LIKE the group, but sometimes there are 65 plus posts of which
several seem to be a real imposition on at least one of us who is here for
the meat. Sorry if I stepped on toes, and this is not specifically directed
to the original writer(s) of the post, rather the group as a whole for
comment. If I'm in the right pew - wrong church, please let me know. Can we
talk? Thanks.

Roy Ulrich
ulrich@rangenet.com