Piano 300

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:53:15 -0400

I found numerous errors in history and other aspects of the
exhibit in DC.  One of the most glaring was a reversal of
the sound of the Christifori and a square in the first sound
room.  I reported this to the administration who hoped to
correct the problem before you folks came to see the
exhibit.  The store stuff was great, CDs, books, tapes,
video tapes, posters and other musical stuff.

I did  enjoy the event although I found it a bit small as
well.  They didn't have any Moravian pianos there which were
the first instruments made here in America.  I was told the
selection of what to show was extremely difficult because of
the small space.

The exhibit instruments can be found on the Smithsonian web
site.

		Newton