August Förster pianos

John Gunderson jgunderson@monmouth.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:38:39 -0400

I have two that I service.  One is probably about twenty years old.  It has a
gorgeous tone, nice action, but I did have to replace some tuning pins with
over sized pins and CA glue other pins to get those strings to behave.  The
other one is new.  It is truly a beautiful piano but as to how it will stand
the test of time, we'll just have to see.   As an aside note, a college
professor/jazz musician who teaches at a local college I tune for tried one and
loved it.  He's thinking about replacing his 20 year old KG-2D with one.