Kawai model info

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:54:16 -0700

Hi Ron,
I take care of one of these and also a CS-40 which is the vertical in that
series.  It was my understanding that these were made for the European
market and that there are no plastic parts.  They may also have slightly
softer hammers.  Don Mannino can give us the real scoop on these. I only am
repeating what the salesman told my client.  Now, how reliable is that? I
wonder how different it is from what Don's facts are?

As far as quality, they are very nice and the hammers have not gotten as
bright over the years (around 8 or 9) as the ones we usually see.
Hope this is helpful.  It was great meeting you in Arlington.
jeannie

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 8:00 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Kawai model info

I got a call from a Kawai dealer today wanting information on a model CA-40
(6') grand, sn #1869560. I'd never heard of the model, so I offered to poll
the collective brain - that's you. They ascertained a 1989 manufacturing
date, but don't know anything else about the model. Any enlightenment?

Ron N