pianotech-digest V2000 #599

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:39:44 EDT

In a message dated 07/13/2000 8:44:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

<< Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:48:21 -0500
 From: "Roy Ulrich" <ulrich@rangenet.com>
 Subject: Re: What Clutter?

 - ----- Original Message -----
 From: "Susan Kline" <sckline@home.com>
 To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 2:30 PM

 > At 12:46 PM 07/12/2000 -0500, Lance wrote:
 > >  Relax and learn to use the delete key.
 >
 > I might add, if you are unbearable burdened by
 > clutter, you will find that a fairly small number
 > of people are providing it, and most email programs
 > will allow you to filter them, resulting in a
 > streamlined list. Of course, some of these same
 > people may provide some of the best technical
 > information, but you can often see it by the replies
 > to it, or find it by using the archive search engine.

 That's all well and good, thank you, but the daily interaction between live
 people is much more enjoyable. Pardon my ignorance, but I've yet to discover
 the method by which to "filter" messages, as if I'd want to. I think you
 read too much into my question - I didn't even hint at being "unbearably
 burdened".

 > If that's too much bother: tough. Pianotech is free.
 > No one owes anyone the email list of their dreams.

 For what it's worth, I too enjoy a certain amount of banter and humor. You
 totally missed the point, which was simply a suggestion that personal
 communication between 2 people that has no interest to the group as a whole
 is better done via E-mail.

 > Best to all here, chatterers and non-chatterers alike.

 > Susan
 >
 > P.S. For those who enjoy the conviviality but are riled
 > by the complaints about it, the complainers are even fewer
 > than the chatters, and can likewise be filtered. Thus,
 > each person can have a list more in accordance with their
 > tastes, though never perfect, not in this world.

 To be taken to the proverbial woodshed and labeled a "complainer" seems a
 rather harsh response to what I deemed a polite question to the group. Maybe
 one of us needs another "wee dram" to lighten up a bit.

 Regards,
 Roy Ulrich

Pardon me SO much, but this isn't even the pot calling the kettle black.
Roy, lighten up a bit, get a life, find some humor in your soul--and if you
can't or won't do that, then take Susan's excellent suggestions.

End of rant.

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL