Corfam, Nordiska, And Kawai

Patrick C. Poulson ppoulson@jps.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:27:27 -0700

Hi Donald! The serial number A96676.  Thanks for the help.  Patrick
----------
From: Donald Mannino <DonMannino@mediaone.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Corfam, Nordiska, And Kawai
Date: Thu, Jul 13, 2000, 9:36 PM

    3.  At the same sale another person bout a Kawai 902 console.  This one
has 4/0 tuning pins.  I've never seen this in a new piano.  Any idea what
might be going one there? Maybe somebody screwed up the first stringing and
had to redo it with larger pins?  ]
    Thanks for your time.  Patrick Poulson, RPT

Patrick,

A new Kawai will never have 4/0 pins. They start with 1/0, so it is highly
unlikely that anyone would have reason to go as large as 4!! A used or
factory reconditioned piano might have been repinned with 2.0, and even then
it would likely only be a section.

Please write to me at the office with the serial number and I'll look it up
and tell you the story:

dmannino@kawaius.com

Don Mannino