pitch raising

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 20:18:00 -0500

I'd like to get some feedback on pitch raising, aural style.
	My teacher says he can do a 100 cent pitch raise, and make it "stick" on
the second pass.  Another tech, local, says "NO" to that notion, and says
one should tell the customer "It will take three tunings, two weeks
apart", to get it stabilized.  My question is regarding the
"stretchiness" of strings on ordinary pianos needing PR's of 50 cents or
more, and better pianos which need less adjustment, but may not have been
tuned in two-four years.  I'd be most appreciative of the experience of
others.
les bartlett
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.