Voicing support block

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:59:21 -0500

List,
For years I have used a home made voicing block made out of just a plain
board with a half round routed groove in one side to lay over the
backchecks.  While I was in DC I had too much credit left on one of my
VISA's and I felt a need to be as cool and professional as possible, so I
bought a small and large voicing block from Pianotek $8? and $4??(page
B-16).  I assumed I knew why it was shaped the way that it is, but this AM
in the shop I laid it in an action and studied it over coffee and now I
don't understand the design.  Why the inset of red felt?  Why the shape with
the smooth curve, etc(JVR-1)? The JVR-1 is different than the 2 and 3.
Thanks oh Enlightened one.

In the dark,

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA