Appraisal

Barbara MAshburn PSFInc@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:22:36 -0400

Dear List,

I came across a Mathushek square grand 1870. It had been completely restored
from complete action and Belly work to refinishing the case. The restoration
was excellently done and the walnut case was ornate and inspiring. What was
interesting was when I pulled out the action, every technician that had
worked on it had signed the keybed starting from 1880. One entry read,"
$10.00 received for one year storage - July 10,1891 - Vincensio Lucasi." The
piano had other Italian references from when it was in Italy.

Now the customer wants an appraisal as to the value. She realizes that most
Squares are more decorative than functional but she needs it for insurance
purposes. I could use some input from the list.

Thanks,

Ed Mashburn, RPT