Front Weight Problem

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:35:47 -0600

Hi Richard,
                  I think you have answered your own question. The leading
seems to be the a large part of the problem.  Before charging ahead, check
the B/R hole, capstan and wippen centre line.  This will rule out capstan
mispositioning. The keys will still need some leading but you need to have
the capstans in the right position before you start.
If they are too far back, this can account for some of the heaviness.
Is the knuckle core, and jack in a nice straight line, with the hammer blow
distance set?
Roger

>Grin.... Nope.... actually you can see the source of the clacking pretty
>easily. As the key releases the Whippen and Hammer literally throw the back
>of the key downwards causing it to jerk upwards at the front and bounce as
>the whippen bounces a couple times on the capstan. Softening up the knuckles
>and the whippen underfelt yeilded basically nothing. Action centers are
>fine. I cant think of anything else then that the frontweight is just too
>darned little. That seems to be what the figures are telling me as well...
>But I read each reply with interest.
>
>Richard Brekne
>RPT,  NPTF
>Bergen, Norway