Conover 88

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:04:57 EDT

 Hello Andrew!

      The Conover  88  is a 6ft.3,  It is in my opinion one
of the top  six  6ft 3s ever made. The three sound board
buttons on top of the board  near the bass dampers are
factory installed. The actions can be of several different
brands including Seaverns, W.N.G, Thayer, Strauch Bros.
and perhaps others.  The Conover 77 is a 5ft. 7. in my
opinion it is the best 5ft 7 ever.
       When the Company was bought by "Cable" Frank and
his brother reserved the right to build their pianos their way.
     Cable did get them to design a small five ft. Grand with
the Cable name. This Piano is scale 44, also you will some
-times find it with the model  BB  cast in the plate. It has a
single medal tension rod under the soundboard running  from
one side to the other.

  Hope this helps,
  Jack Wyatt