New Tools - mishung hammers

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:53:25 -0600

You are welcome!!  Now just tell me that I am wrong when I say that there
is no easy way to correct a mishung set of hammers that another "tech"
hung on a small grand that I was called on to service last week.  Only
way I can see to do it is remove and rehang which is a real shame
considering that the customer has already paid for that once and didn't
really get what she paid for.  Key frame has to be moved so far in on the
treble end that  the back sides of the top two or three sharps are
rubbing against the fallboard. - @#$$%%^%$##%  The only "good" thing
about it is that she has had several other techs work on her piano and
none of them have made any attempt to diagnose the problem - just
collected their tuning fee and exited.  All I know is that when I packed
up to leave she told me that she IS going to want me back for just that
reason.
( I think I would feel a lot better if I could hang the tech rather than
the hammers. ) :-)

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:21:20 -0400 "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
writes:
> Ooops! I see now that I found my glasses. I did not have them on
> before. I
> couldn't find them. Couldn't see a darn thing on my desk without
> 'em! Thanks
>
> Terry Farrell
> Piano Tuning & Service
> Tampa, Florida