Mice In The Piano.

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 23:01:13 -0500

>Not to smart about this, but a cat will keep mice away. As far as I know if
>there are mice in the house, there is really no other way to keep mice out of
>a piano.
>
>Willem

Used to have an excellent mouser - a pacifist. He's catch 'em outside
(dozens of 'em), bring them in the house where it was warm and turn them
loose. Fortunately we also had other cats - opportunists, who followed him
around and batted clean up. I suppose all this would fall into the "mixed
blessings" 'cat'egory, but I think the lesson is that the only way to keep
mice out of the piano is to vacuum pack it, bury it, submerge it, or keep
it burning. Any of these options seem to have a certain potential for
peripheral entertainment, if not effective mouse proofing.

Seriously though (ugh), D-Con behind the knee board is the way to go for
rodentia discouragement. They *WILL* get in, even if they have to teleport,
they'll eat the D-Con first, and will tend to lose enthusiasm for bridle
straps and key buttons as they become distracted by the process of dying
horribly by poisoning.

It's a pretty tough point to argue.

Ron N