Parts for Chickering 1/4 grand

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 20:32:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/00 10:39:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
foxpiano@juno.com writes:

<< I'm attempting to save a lady's 1910 vintage Chickering quarter grand.
 For those of you with any experience with these little jewels,  do you
 have any knowledge of anyone making replacement hammer flanges for these
 pianos?  I see replacement whip flanges in the APSCO catalog.  Haven't
 seen them uyp close but they look correct in the picture.
    This lady is trying to pass on the piano (her grandmother's) to her her
 grand child.  Currently,  the flanges are all in one piece,  but my
 experience with brass forces me to be less than optimistic about what the
 future holds for their longevity.  Any suggestions?
    Del,  I remember a 1/4 grand going through your shop once.  Any
 thoughts?

 Dale Fox

I got replacement parts from Ford when they were still in business. I think.
Beethoven Piano Supply in New York bought them out. If anyone has their phone
number, perhaps you can try there.

Good luck

Willem