Wapin Baldwin C in DC

michael wathen michael.wathen@wapin.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:20:25 -0400

I heard a lot of good response about the Balwin C we sent to the
convention in DC.  The piano is a 1915 6'3" grand.  Refinishing and
soundboard by C. A. Geers, Stanwood Touchdesign installed by Eric
Wolfley, Sanderson scale and bass strings, abel hammer, and......

Wapin.

I have put up a recording of this piano on our site.  It is a
composition and performance by Darijus Spakausas a Lithuianian pianist.
The piece is especially interesting because half way through he gets the
piano to sound like wind chimes.  It really shows off Wapin.

The file is:

http://www.wapin/recordings/Chimes.mp3
--
Michael Wathen