Parts for Chickering 1/4 grand

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:36:53 -0700

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:06:49 EDT JIMRPT@AOL.COM writes:

> In a message dated 7/19/2000 11:39:10 AM, you wrote:
>
> <<I see replacement whip flanges in the APSCO catalog. >>
>
> Dale;
>  If you are looking at APSCO #24504 then you probably have found
> what you
> need.

Unfortunately,  these are good for the whips only.

> Unfortunately Chickering was doing quite a bit of experimenting in
> those days
> and your flange rail might be different. There are
> segemented,single,  flanges.

Singles in this case.

..there are solid flange rails, and there are multiple
> segmented
> rails.
>  If you want to be extra certain of flange integrity then you can
> anneal each
> of the existing flanges.

What temperature and how long heating and cooling.  I have a pottery kiln
at my disposal but really would hate to melt the little suckers.  Or
deform them.

Thanks for the help,  everyone.!!!!!

Dale Fox

> Hope this helps.