Parts for Chickering 1/4 grand

dale r fox foxpiano@juno.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:31:59 -0700

Hi Paul,
	yes this is an exact replacement,  but only for the whips.  The shank
flanges are about 1.5" to 2" long and curve upward at the center pin
intersection.  The brass 'butt' plate is also curved at that point.  The
drop screw passes through both the flange and the plate.
	Jim's suggestion may be the best but I don't wish to give up just yet on
new parts if by some stretch they're available.
	Thanks for all the replies.

Dale F

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:53:56 -0700 "Paul S. Larudee"
<larudee@pacbell.net> writes:
> Dale,
>
> Chickering grand flanges, APSCO part no.24504.  They're exact
> replacements.
>
> Paul S. Larudee, RPT
>
> dale r fox wrote:
>
> > HI List,
> >         I'm attempting to save a lady's 1910 vintage Chickering
> quarter grand.
> > For those of you with any experience with these little jewels,  do
> you
> > have any knowledge of anyone making replacement hammer flanges for
> these
> > pianos?  I see replacement whip flanges in the APSCO catalog.
> Haven't
> > seen them uyp close but they look correct in the picture.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.